What Are the Differences Between the Pontiac Firebird and Trans Am?
The Trans Am is a premium Firebird model that Pontiac put on the market in 1970. The first-generation Trans Am combined aspects of the Pontiac Firebird Sprint Turismo prototype and the Firebird 400. Some of the Trans Am’s differences from the Firebird include:
- – Taller fin and lower body panels
- – Stiffer suspension
- – Unique body graphics
- – Dual-scooped hood
Pontiac Firebird and Trans Am: Classic Pony Cars
Pontiac created the Firebird to release with the Chevy Camaro in 1967. The Firebird’s production lasted 35 years and four generations. At Raybuck, we primarily carry parts for Firebird and Trans Am models from the first two generations:
- – First generation (1967-1969): The first generation of Firebirds had the classic “Coke bottle” shape found in many late 1960s muscle cars. They featured V6 and V8 engines that could generate up to 325 horsepower. During this time, Pontiac also released the Trans Am models for customers who wanted a top-of-the-line Firebird.
- – Second generation (1970-1981): Many car fans recognize the streamlined second-generation Firebird design over the first. Like many other muscle cars of the time, the Firebird dropped in power due to regulations introduced in the early 1970s. However, it kept its popularity throughout the 1970s because of its appearance as the “speedy car” in “Smokey and the Bandit.”
Reasons to Get Your Restoration Parts at Raybuck
When you choose Raybuck as your parts provider, you know you can expect:
- – A legacy of quality: Since 1985, we’ve sourced and supplied the highest-quality restoration parts available. During the past three decades, we’ve established the knowledge and part selection to help you finish your next restoration. Our inventory is stocked with only high-quality parts that we would be willing to use on our own project vehicles.
- – Car people ready to help you: When you contact us, you’ll get in touch with our experienced sales team. They have training on our full catalog and do their own restorations, giving them unmatched knowledge in our industry.
- – Easy ordering and shipping: At Raybuck, we make it simple to get the parts you need for your classic car. Find parts using our in-depth filters, and expect us to ship your order within a few business days.
Our Pontiac Firebird and Trans Am Parts Catalog
We sell aftermarket Pontiac parts made from heavy-gauge stamped steel. At Raybuck, you’ll find these parts and more for your classic Firebird or Trans Am:
- – Wheel arches/quarter panels
- – Exterior trim
- – Fenders
- – Hoods
- – Lights
Get Your Next Restoration Done With Raybuck
Buy the parts for your next Pontiac restoration in a few clicks. If you have a question about our parts, get in touch with us at any time.