Silaprene Adhesive is an easy-to-use, one-part adhesive/sealant. It bonds virtually all types of metals, including aluminum, as well as fiberglass, wood, glass, plastics, masonry and concrete, and provides a permanent bond. Silaprene Adhesive/Sealant bonds body panels, body seams, roofs, etc and can be used to fasten almost anything together. This one-part adhesive gets stronger with age and won’t get brittle or crack from vibration or thermal shock. It will withstand extreme temperatures and is unaffected by highway chemicals. Silaprene is widely used by body manufacturers and is one of the most common adhesives used to bond aluminum trailers and semi sleeper cabs. It comes in a 10.3 oz caulking tube and has a six month shelf life.
When used to bond two metal panels together, for example when attaching a slip-on rocker panel, we recommend removing all paint from both surfaces where the product will be applied in order to get a strong bond. Simply apply a bead of Silaprene around the perimeter of one panel, secure it to the second surface with clamps, rivets, screws, etc and allow to cure over night (curing time will vary depending on temperature and humidity). The product strength will increase over time, but it does stay pliable since it is also a sealer. If you plan to apply any type of body filler around the perimeter of the attached panel, make sure to remove any Silaprene that may have squeezed out during application as filler will not stick to this product.
- Gray in color – can be painted.
- Provides excellent early strength and gets stronger with age while remaining permanently resilient.
- Withstands vibration and thermal cycling (contraction & expansion).
- Resists ice, snow, cold & heat from -65 to 250F.
- Highly resistant to sunlight/UV rays, moisture & weathering – is unaffected by highway chemicals.
- Comes in a standard, 1/10 gallon cartridge (10.3 fl oz.) and applies with ordinary caulking gun.
- This is product M6325
NO RETURNS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS PRODUCT
*****WE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SHIP THIS PRODUCT TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA*****