Learn how to remove your 2014 Dodge Ram’s grille and rear emblem in this helpful guide from Raybuck Auto Body Parts.
Before you begin, assemble the following tools:
- Screwdriver (front)
- Plastic paint scraper (rear)
- Heat gun or 50lb fishing line (rear)
Remove the Dodge Ram front grille emblem
Follow these steps:
Remove the hood from the plastic cover that covers the grille and lights by pulling on each push pin until they are taken off.
Unscrew the screws on top of the grille and pull on the bottom in order to pop out the clips.
To remove the emblem, push in all four clips simultaneously and remove its tape in order to pull it off.
Remove the rear Dodge Ram emblem
The rear Ram emblem is attached in a similar fashion with 2-prongs and an adhesive attaching the piece. To remove the rear Ram emblem, follow these steps:
Take the heat gun and apply mild, even heat to loosen the adhesive. This may take a few minutes.
Use your plastic paint scraper to pry up the emblem. The prongs should pop out.
Once the emblem is free, peel off the remaining adhesive while it is still warm. We recommend starting at a top corner and pulling up versus out or down for best results.
Take two to three feet of 50 pound fishing line and slide it under the edge of the emblem.
With the fishing line taught, slide it back and forth in a sawing motion sliding it under the emblem as you go.
You may need to use the plastic paint scraper in conjunction with this to loosen and gently pry off the emblem. (be careful not to scratch anything)
Once the emblem is free, peel off any extra adhesive.
Here are a couple extra tips to help you out:
- If you are worried about scratching your truck’s paint, even with the plastic paint scraper, you can wrap the scraper in a thin rag or plastic bag for added protection. It may be best to loosen an edge of the emblem before doing this.
- If using the fishing line method, tying the ends of the line around pencils or other materials can help to make “handles” that may make the task easier.
- If there is any adhesive leftover you can remove it using an adhesive/grease remover like Prep-All and a microfiber towel. For best results, spray on the towel and use light pressure and circular motions.
- This process may take longer than expected. Be patient so as not to damage the paint.
Do you have any additional tips or images from removing your Dodge Ram badges? Share them in the comments below! We’d love to hear from you!
Get the Parts You Need at Raybuck Auto Body Parts
Looking for parts for your 2014 Dodge Ram? We have you covered at Raybuck Auto Body Parts. Browse our extensive inventory to get the repair panels and replacement parts you need.